Oh my dear vertically challenged beauties!
From shopping in the kid’s department to over extended hems most retailers make things difficult for you to truly express your personal style. Many styling experts encourage a straight pant to cover your high-heeled shoes to help elongate your body.
BUT what if you don’t wear heels?
High heels are not the only solution to creating a taller silhouette especially if you find yourself to be more tomboy chic than glamour puss.
1. Ark & CO Blazer $93 :: Make sure blazer hits just at the top of the hip to avoid looking a bit stumpy. The matte sued finish keeps the sheen of the tank and shoes in balance.
2. River Island Shaker Hat $50 :: This hat shape is way more stylish than a fedora (Most overrated accessory!) and adds a tad more height to a smaller stature with a touch of masculinity.
3. Urban Outfitters Vegan Leather High/Low Tank $60 :: Compliments the iridescence of the shoes but not overbearing. Paired with high waisted pants, the front is elongated with the “high” part of the tank. Paired with a blazer, the back silhouette is elongated with layers of the “low” part of the tank.
4. Asos Petite High Waisted Tux Pant $53 :: Creates a longer leg line especially with the seaming details of the front and satin seams of the sides. Make sure the hem does not bunch at the top of the shoe. The hem should float just above the shoe keeping a fluid leg line.
5. River Island Geometric Pendant Necklace $12 :: Ties in the hues of the Miista oxford to give continuity of your outfit.
6. Miista Allison Irid Black $321 :: Why these shoes? Because they’re bloody incredible and worth the splurge. You’ll drool over every pair of shoes this Spanish designer shells out.
Hope this helps you out next time you’re out and about searching for items to compliment your body shape and style.